• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

healthy wieght after quitting drugs

yellodolphin

Bluelighter
ok so im on antidepressants and have come off benzos and opiates. i have gained alot of wieght from the meds, stress, unhealthy habits etc.

so what do you guys do in the period where you come off drugs, and your too tired to work out??

drugs are too easy a way to maintain wieght. anyone else goin through this??

when i was on dope i looked like i just escaped from a concentration camp! when i quit 1 put on 35lb in 3 months but this is kept in check at the gym,jogging,boxing training. im sure it helps your body repair quicker as well. your lethargy will pass the further away you get from the drug lifestyle/this is the time to take up some form of physical activity.

God, when I stopped using cocaine I went from 102 lbs to 145 lbs in about three months. I am only 5'6" so this made a HUGE difference in my appearance (at least to me it did). Thankfully I didn't keep the weight on for that long because I don't naturally weigh that much when I'm not using as and I usually maintain a weight between 120 and 130. I got back down to my "normal" weight a few months later by skiing, riding horses, and training for a triathlon by swimming, biking, and running almost every single day. It was really, really hard at first because I hated exercising after getting off of drugs (I hated almost everything come to think of it haha) but after a while it became a new sort of high for me.

Since then I have gotten out of exercising and slacked off a bit but I'm starting to build myself back up again by being way more active. I'm not exercising like I did back then but I walk at least several miles a day, play tennis, swim, and have a lot of marathon sex :p (which probably burns more calories than anything else). Right now I want to lose about 10 lbs but if I don't I'm fine with that. Basically I'm not extremely motivated like I was back then because I am not as big as I was. I had NEVER been that big before and I felt gross (just a personal thing, not that people who weigh that amount are gross by ANY means).

ha ha well i didnt gain that much weight. its funny how drugs make u eat less. I always think drugs were like a type of food in history cause it could help people travel longer or survive long enough to get food.

you guys are right like i just do push ups and go for walks. i moved so i dont have a bike or rollerblades i wanted to do something like that. ill proly do yoga or something cause i have chest pains from overdosing.

ya coke and meth make ppl the thinnest. im not a stimulant person my DOC was opiates but still i was too thin on them.

lol at the marathon sex, it does burn alot of calories i guess it helps when your in a relationship when your getting clean.

ok im gonna start eating more fruit. i have some blueberries so ill eat those.

Diet and exercise is the only way... Ironically exercising will give you more energy. So in the beginning it will be hard, but it gets easier and easier and if you're lucky, addictive. I myself have been going at it really hard since stopping drugs. It's a lot easier then it used to be because the MJ-smoking is not holding me back anymore.